[syslinux] 10 year old question

Daryl Kuchay daryl.kuchay at icloud.com
Wed May 13 15:46:33 PDT 2020

Thank you for that. I’ve set up the thinstation-v5.6.1.iso in vm and setup the chroot. I did my first ./build —allmodules and wrote the iso to usb using lili version 2.0 so that I can boot with older syslinux. I am doing this for the needed hardware profile to build from inside the vm however the usb has been stuck on the syslinux version line with a line following: Thinstation..... for 30 minutes now. Since the version of syslinux is v3.82 the only conclusion is incompatible kernel. Did you use a pae kernel for the build —allmodules iso? My hardware will not support if you did....

Oh wait, 45 minutes later I got an error message that indicates:

Not enough memory to lead map.

I have committed to memory what kernel modules are needed to support the hardware. Aside from memory I have several kernel config files I could share. Is there another way to determine a “hardware profile” for your build environment?

Thank you
Daryl