[syslinux] syslinux.efi with WDS

Christian Meyer c2h5oh at web.de
Sun May 16 23:10:25 PDT 2021

Hello there,

I'm facing a problem with syslinux in a windows WDS environment:

I run syslinux since several years like this:
https://wiki.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=WDSLINUX

Since modern computers usually boot up with EFI I recently wanted to
add EFI support to my WDS-syslinux environment, but it doesn't work:
https://www.d7xtech.com/tech-info/network-boot-guide/install-syslinux-on-wds/

For this I copied syslinux.efi (from Debian bullseye) to the WDS-Server
and tried to "activate" it:
wdsutil /set-server /bootprogram:boot\x64\syslinux.efi
/architecture:x64UEFI
wdsutil /set-server /N12bootprogram:boot\x64\syslinux.efi
/architecture:x64UEFI

All other files are left unchanged, so the legacy installations work
normaly.

Now my UEFI-boot-client just tells me about an error during
"Windows Deployment System", error 0xc000026c

Can anyone help me to get UEFI work with WDS?

Thank you
Christian