[syslinux] UEFI http issues

Paul Daniels walkabout.pd at gmail.com
Thu May 20 21:42:55 PDT 2021

Don't forget you may have a version of ipxe that hasn't got http or dns
built into it.

Support from motherboards is best described as patchy.

To solve this isssue chain load a known good ipxe implementation.  You can
generate them from the likes of romOmatic.  If you want to support a usb
Ethernet card, you will need to compile your own. Instructions are out
there, it just needs a little patience to get the details right.

Also be aware that you can compile in an ipxe script.  You can have scripts
drop to an ipxe shell on failure (great for debugging)