[syslinux] System freezes after "Loading iramfs.gz... ok"

Gregory Bartholomew gregory.lee.bartholomew at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:16:18 PDT 2022

On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 3:52 AM Erik Rull <erik.rull at rdsoftware.de> wrote:

> Good point - the zipped file is ~ 17MB and works on other boards... Is
> this a critical size?

17MB doesn't sound too bad to me. I guess the critical size could be
dependent on the firmware though. I think what has been loaded into memory
prior to the initramfs can have an effect as well. If you've
chainloaded several bootloaders before loading the initramfs (or even
looped back and reloaded the same bootloader image several times), there
may not be enough free memory left to load the initramfs. If you can
shorten your boot chain, that might help.