[syslinux] Problems compiling syslinux on Debian 10

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Fri Oct 28 03:09:35 PDT 2022

28.10.2022 12:41, Tom Lisjac Owner via Syslinux wrote:
> Thanks very much for these two suggestions... the rpm's were easy to work with on Debian using alien -g <therpm>.
>

> Unfortunately I can't find the origin of the broken, unpatched 6.04-pre1 tarballs in these rpm's on any syslinux project site. Both the Fedora and Rocky rpm's contained a syslinux-6.04-pre1.tar.xz at 5283272 bytes. The tar.gz's from various syslinux development sites all weigh in at 10533974 where re-compressing with xz -e9 only shaved a megabyte.

What's the problem here?

Are you not familiar with how debian packages are built?

Source for *all* released versions of all packages are available in the debian archives.
The procedure to build from source is quite strightforward and easy to follow, and it
is standard for all packages.

What exactly does not work?

/mjt