[syslinux] Q: passing DHCP options to the booted linux-kernel?

Ph. Marek philipp.marek at bmlv.gv.at
Mon Feb 17 00:49:55 PST 2003

Hello everybody!

I'm using pxelinux to boot my kernel. I'd like to pass the DHCP values to the
kernel (router, ip-address, ...) so that the kernel can use it without having
to obtain a new lease.

I've searched the mailing list and the net and found the DHCP option to
specify other configfiles, but I couldn't find out how to make pxelinux pass
the dhcp values to the kernel (eg APPEND='dhcp_ip=$ip dhcp_router=$router'
and so on).

Is this possible?

BTW, I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc me.
Thank you!

Regards,

Phil