[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.00-pre1 released - RELEASE CANDIDATE

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Dec 22 04:55:59 PST 2004

Okay, nothing like user mail at 3 am to keep one awake...

I have implemented a filename-based syntax for downloading from an
alternate TFTP server in PXELINUX.  If the filename starts with
IP address:: it will:

a) Download from the alternate TFTP server;
b) Suppress the common pathname prefix.

I was considering also adding a configuration file option to set the
default TFTP server, but I really would like to know:

1) How useful is that;
2) How should that interact with the pathname prefix feature.

Thus, I think that's a post-3.00 feature.

I probably will try to add a simple DNS resolver at some point, so one
can use DNS names instead of IP addresses.  No promises, though.

3.00-pre1 is a release candidate build.  Please test it if you have a
chance.