[syslinux] Dummy question on Syslinux and MBR

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Dec 22 09:57:23 PST 2004

Joel Ebel wrote:
> Peter, I sent you a patch for systlinux a while ago that installed the
> MBR in windows.  Did it get forgotten?  You said you'd try to remember
> to put it in the next release.

Well, I grabbed the patch, mangled it a bit and put it in.  I split your
-m option into an -m option to write the MBR and an -a option to make
the selected partition active.

This functionality should probably be added to the DOS installer as well.

Anyway, it's in 3.00-pre3 which I just put out.  I should warn you that
I have had zero time to test it, literally; so please do some testing
for me.