[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.00-pre5 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Dec 28 00:14:49 PST 2004

Well, I'm back and while I was on vacation I hacked up a DNS resolver,
so PXELINUX now supports FQDNs (only!) in its alternate server syntax.

That is, you should be able to type "server.domain.com::filename" and
have it get the IP address; just "server::filename" won't, although I am
considering changing that so that it uses the domain received via DHCP
option 15 if you give it a filename without dots, but I haven't gotten
that working, yet.

In other news, I've made some additional internal changes; some stuff
had to be reorganized to make more room in memory.

This is not a release candidate.  After spending a few days away from
hacking, I decided I wanted a few more features in before calling it
3.00.  That being said, it should be perfectly stable if you want to use
it (and please report good/bad if you do), but do expect some of the
newer features to change.