[syslinux] isolinux regression? / problem? v3.50 and newer.

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Wed Jan 16 21:29:54 PST 2008

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Andrew Stuart wrote:
>
>> isolinux: No boot info table, assuming single session disk...
>> isolinux: Spec packet missing LBA information, trying to wing it...
>>

> This means that neither the boot info table nor the spec packet has the
> appropriate information.
>
> Clearly something is still wrong in the "winging it" code.  I don't get
> around to testing it much.
>
> 	-hpa

Hopefully me limiting it down to between 3.50-pre23 and 3.50-release
helps, otherwise I just wasted a good part of the day for nothing :)
(I doubt my boss would be pleased..)

You did catch in the initial message that everything was identical up to
Sectors to load = line? It seems both working/non-working versions
figured out to load from the same LBA.. or is the Sectors to load part
of 'winging it' as well?

-A