[syslinux] isolinux regression? / problem? v3.50 and newer.

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Jan 16 21:47:35 PST 2008

Andrew Stuart wrote:
> Hopefully me limiting it down to between 3.50-pre23 and 3.50-release
> helps, otherwise I just wasted a good part of the day for nothing :)
> (I doubt my boss would be pleased..)

It certainly should make it much easier to get a clue about what might
be going on.  I'm a bit confused, however, as there are no (zero) source
code changes between 3.50-pre23 and 3.50-release.  This might indicate a
toolchain problem, so I'm going back to look at the archive binaries.

> You did catch in the initial message that everything was identical up to
> Sectors to load = line? It seems both working/non-working versions
> figured out to load from the same LBA.. or is the Sectors to load part
> of 'winging it' as well?

Certainly it ends up with a totally bogus sector count (whereas the LBA
looks sane)... that also narrows it down tremendously.