[syslinux] No localboot on HP Proliant with Smart Array and menu.c32

Ulrich Wiedemann ulrich.wiedemann at baramundi.de
Tue Mar 4 22:24:00 PST 2008

> How to debug it, and even more, how to fix it, is tricky.  I don't know
> if HP has any interest in assisting with a machine that old although I
> have a few channels I might be able to poll.

Although I for myself have only access to an DL360 G3, I have direct
(that means not from Internet search and the like) reports, that this
problem was at least seen on the following machines:

HP ProLiant DL360 G3
HP ProLiant DL360 G4p
HP ProLiant DL360 G5

HP ProLiant DL380 G5

However I do not know if all machines of these types are affected and
which firmware versions were involved.

So to the best of my knowledge, even current (G5) machines do have this
issue.

If I could assist in debugging and/or fixing, please let me know.

Regards, Ulrich