[syslinux] PXELINUX "Fancy" advanced menu question

Bogdan Maryniuck b.maryniuck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 00:56:31 PST 2008

Hello.

I am trying to run advanced dialog-like menus from com32.
But I can not boot anything... — it always fails. :-)

So, my /path/to/pxelinux.cfg/default looks like this:

--------------8<--------------
DEFAULT pxemenu/fancy.c32
PROMPT 0
IMPLICIT 1
TIMEOUT 600

LABEL test
    MENU LABEL Test
    KERNEL suse10_3/vmlinuz
    APPEND initrd=suse10_3/initrd.img ....(and so on)....
--------------8<--------------

Now, my fancy.menu looks like this:

--------------8<--------------
[main]
title=" Main Menu "
item="Test"
info="This is a test"
data="test"
type=run
--------------8<--------------

Assuming "suse10_3" is a folder in the same folder where pxelinux.0 is.

After I compile the thing, it creates .c file, .c32 and .elf file. So
I when use PXE
Linux over PXE networking boot, I am getting the menu up, but when I select
item, it errors and does not finds stuff. Really tried all possible
variations that comes to my mind, but still out of luck.

I've read all possible documentation shipped, tried to STWF, but still
feeling I am something missing. How to boot from that menu anyways?
Is there is possible to get a decent clear example?
I will wiki it for future losers like me. :-)

Thank you a lot.

P.S. vesamenu works for me great, but I want to have slightly more distros
in my RedHat kickstart setup.

--
bm