[syslinux] Some thing we can do

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Thu Mar 27 06:48:57 PDT 2008

   <snip/>

> Any thing else we can do ?

A few weeks there was a posting about "git bisect".
I went through my E-mail archive ( bottom posts are a joy ;-)
It turned out that it was in this thread  :-/

| git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/syslinux/syslinux.git
| cd syslinux
| git bisect start
| git bisect bad                  # The current version is bad
| git bisect good syslinux-2.04   # This version was good

>From http://boinkor.net/archives/2006/11/using_git_bisect_to_locate_bug_1.html
I understood that git bisect is something like a binary tree search.

But I haven't yet played git bisect, I'm missing a good use case.

HtH
GSt