[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.70-pre7 from git

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Fri Mar 28 00:38:19 PDT 2008

Op 27-03-2008 om 11:56 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
> Jeppe Toustrup wrote:
> > Geert Stappers wrote:
> >> What is the trick to get 3.70-pre7 from git?
> >>
> > You can get it from kernel.org:
> > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/

With a tarball from that URL, I get a gpxelinux.0 build.

> It should be in git, too.  I just verified that it was pushed properly.
>
> It's not the "gpxe-added" branch, but the tag should find it.

For some reason I can't get the 'gpxe' directory in my git tree.

My attempt was

  git branch foo  # create a branch for this expriment
  git checkout foo # use that branch
  git tag -d syslinux-3.70-pre7
  git fetch origin tag syslinux-3.70-pre7

Could more information be provided how to get 3.70-pre7 from git?

Cheers
Geert Stappers