[syslinux] SYSLINUX 3.70-pre7 from git

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Fri Mar 28 04:27:51 PDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 08:38:19AM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 27-03-2008 om 11:56 schreef H. Peter Anvin:
> > Jeppe Toustrup wrote:
> > >>
> > > You can get it from kernel.org:
> > > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/
>
> With a tarball from that URL, I get a gpxelinux.0 build.
>
> > It should be in git, too.  I just verified that it was pushed properly.
> >
> > It's not the "gpxe-added" branch, but the tag should find it.
>
> For some reason I can't get the 'gpxe' directory in my git tree.
>
> My attempt was
>
>   git branch foo  # create a branch for this expriment
>   git checkout foo # use that branch
>   git tag -d syslinux-3.70-pre7
>   git fetch origin tag syslinux-3.70-pre7
>
> Could more information be provided how to get 3.70-pre7 from git?

I could only find the -pre7 tag with a recent fetch today.

For getting 3.70-pre7, do:

$ git fetch
 * [new branch]      gpxe-added -> origin/gpxe-added
 * [new tag]         syslinux-3.70-pre7 -> syslinux-3.70-pre7
$ git checkout syslinux-3.70-pre7
Note: moving to "syslinux-3.70-pre7" which isn't a local branch
If you want to create a new branch from this checkout, you may do so
(now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:
  git checkout -b <new_branch_name>
HEAD is now at 9eddd22... Add gPXE into the source tree; build unified
image
$ make spotless all

--
lfr