[syslinux] SDI loading patch

Andrew Stuart andrew at shopcusa.com
Mon Mar 31 20:12:22 PDT 2008

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> sandin wrote:
>>
>> Any chance of getting a binary for this? And as far as the sdi, do you
>> have a windows license somewhere? afaik, you need to have a windows
>> license to be able to use the m$ tools, including sdi.
>>

> I do have several Windows licenses, including on my test machine (which
> also doubles as my occational Windoze box for stuff like TurboTax.)

I would have assumed so, but wanted to make sure. There are more then a
few zealots out there though.. :)

>> I have a small sdi for booting Vista installs, but I think it relies
>> on a few other files as well. If I can get a binary of the com32 I can
>> figure out what files you need and tar it up for you.
>> (I don't use / have access to a linux box currently)
>
> http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/syslinux/sdi.c32
>
>     -hpa

Thanks, My initial concern seems valid. testing with the sdi I have
fails, but I am not sure that is unexpected. I am currently working on
building a small bartpe sdi image, once I get that working I will send
you a download link.

-Andrew