[syslinux] ISOlinux problems

mike at tiedyenetworks.com mike at tiedyenetworks.com
Sat Apr 20 23:11:11 PDT 2002

Howdy,

	I've got syslinux 1.71 and I'm having a strange booting problem
with isolinux. I am constructing a bootable cd as per the example, and I'm
using the redhat 7.1 boot floppy as a base (so effectively, I've got the
redhat 7.1 bootfloppy as a cdrom - needed because I have a larger kernel).
My symptoms are, the system boots from cdrom and presents me with the boot
menu (hurrah, everything worked up to that point). I then select which
image I'll boot, and syslinux gives me:

boot:

	and hangs at this point. Note the double spaces between Loading
and 'ready'. I have tried both the isolinux.bin and isolinux-debug.bin
images, with the same results.

	Just for kicks, I built a floppy using the exact same set of
files (renaming isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg), syslinux'd it, and linux
loads and executes just fine.

Can anyone suggest how to start debugging this problem?

Mike-