[syslinux] 'implicit' doesn't prevent additional parameters?

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Mon Apr 29 10:16:06 PDT 2002

Hi,

just tried the 'implicit 0'-option with pxelinux (btw, 1.73Pre6 - works).
What I wanted is preventing tricksters to give additional parameters
on the commandline. It prevents giving something different from the
'label'-statement ('Could not find kernel image:..'), but if I give e.g.
linux init=/bin/sh
it gives me a root shell. It should have taken the 'append'-line
from the label statement and nothing else, or even complain about
some error loading the image - like above.

Have I missed something?

Regards,

Josef