SYSLINUX 1.76-pre1/2.00-pre7 (was: [syslinux] Re: Isolinux doesn'tboot)

Andy Polyakov appro at fy.chalmers.se
Tue Aug 13 14:16:51 PDT 2002

> >>Alright... I have released SYSLINUX 1.76-pre1 and 2.00-pre7 with this
> >>workaround included; please test and I'll promote 1.76-pre1 to 1.76 if
> >>it works.
> >

> > I can test only in couple of days... I.e. on Toshiba...
> >

> >>ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/
> >

> > Once you're in the mood to post a new version. Consider
> > http://www.zytor.com/pipermail/syslinux/2002-March/000274.html as well.
> > The problem [system freezes if you move the mouse while I/O to/from
> > memdisk is taking place] occurs with a number of BIOSes and affects a
> > number of DOS programs, not only partition magic. A.
>
> What machine?

It've experienced the problem *and* tested the suggested workaround on
couple of dual-AMD motherboards (from Tyan and ASUS), PIII-based ASUS
motherboard, PIII-based Toshiba laptop, and VMware. Then I also gave
patched version to friends who reported it working on an PII-based
Intel, dual-PII Gigabyte motherboards and [recently] on P4-based Toshiba
laptop.

A.