[syslinux] Allwell doesn't respond to OACK with ACK in TFTP

Neologism Neologism at POBox.COM
Tue Feb 5 23:20:47 PST 2002

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 03:02, Josef Siemes wrote:
> I've seen that there's some bios update for the allwell. Maybe this already includes a more recent rom (the actual version is 4.x, 0.99X is *very* outdated).

Yes, it's referenced in a howto but it's not actually on their website.
I've written them asking for help.  My unit has another problem as well
with the NIC (it's dropping a lot of packets), which I'm hoping an
updated BIOS might address, otherwise it looks like I'll have to give up
on the Allwell.

Even so, I got a lot of satisfaction from learning how to boot with
PXELINUX.  I'm not sure why. :-)

> There's also some possibility to boot this thing into dos mode (needed for the bios update ...), perhaps you can flash it this way with the
> newest rom available from intel.

Intel's website says for integrated NICs to flash the motherboard BIOS,
not the NIC ROM.

Thanks Josef,
Neologism