[syslinux] Allwell doesn't respond to OACK with ACK in TFTP

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Tue Feb 5 03:02:09 PST 2002

Hi,

Neologism <Neologism at POBox.COM> schrieb am 05.02.02:
> I should have mentioned what the internal ROM looks like.  It identifies
> itself thusly:
>
>     Intel LANDesk (R) Service Agent, version 0.99b
>     Copyright (C) 1997  Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
>
>     DHCP MAC ADDR: [snip]
>     PXE-EA1: No PXE server found, using standard boot file.
>     IP ADDR: 10.0.2.2
>     PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout.
>     PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout.
>     PXE-M0F: Exiting LANDesk Service Agent.
>
> I'm doing more research now on PXE, hoping to get that to work instead
> (the server that came with Red Hat didn't work).

I've seen that there's some bios update for the allwell. Maybe this already includes a more recent rom (the actual version is 4.x, 0.99X is *very* outdated).

There's also some possibility to boot this thing into dos mode (needed for the bios update ...), perhaps you can flash it this way with the
newest rom available from intel.

Regards,

Josef