[syslinux] memdisk hd images

Egan Ford egan at sense.net
Tue Jan 22 10:26:48 PST 2002

Thanks, I figured as much and used DOSEMU to create the image, however I
didn't strip off the  first 128 bytes.

Questions:

1.  When I tried to boot my 16MB DOSEMU created HD image, memdisk did not
recognize the S/H/C data, was this because of the 128 bytes?  (I updated
mkfatimage16 to output the S/H/C to compensate, then added to my conf file).

2.  Do you think you might support compressed HD images?  gzip?

3.  How would I create a "large floppy"?  I tried 2.88 with no success (I
could not find a IBM DOS 2.88 boot sector and I do not have a 2.88 drive).

Thanks.