[syslinux] graphics & text in Syslinux/Isolinux

Hugh Woods woodse at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 20 10:35:10 PST 2002

I have a question that I was wondering if you could help me with.  I am
using version 1.67 ISOLINUX.BIN on a bootable cd-rom.  I load a graphic
image with Ctrl-X filename and this works.  I have used both a custom image
that I made and also your penguin image from your sample.  The problem is
when I hit enter, the cd-rom spins starts decompressing the ramdisk image
and once I get into the shell, I have no colors.  I have a black screen
with what appears to be black text.  I know commands are still executing
but I have no display.  I have tried everything I can think of at this
point to return to "text" mode but nothing seems to work.  This includes
running the reset command, echoing VT100 codes to the screen.  We also
tried using Ctrl-Y and Ctrl-W in the boot.msg file after the graphic image
call to no avail as well.

Can you think of anything we might need to change or try?

Thanks,

Hugh Woods