[syslinux] RE: Memdisk - unload

Christopher Buckley mallardproductions at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 17:07:52 PST 2002

OOPS. Hit the wrong key. Hope you didn't get the

I've been using Barts Boot CD method at:

   http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/#multimemdisk

It works great...trouble is, it creates a ramdisk of
it's own. I end up with the following drive
assignments when I boot DOS/Winxx:

a:  - memdisk image of boot floppy
c:  - hda1
d:  - hda2 (etc)
q:  - ramdisk created by barts "modboot"
r:  - local CD support

I need memdisk to load the image until the boot
sequence is completed, at which time I would like to
unload memdisk so that I can access the floppy as a:

Can this be done? How? Can I specify to use b: as the
memdisk drive?

Thanx
Christopher