[syslinux] memdisk hard disk image

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Oct 28 12:50:55 PST 2002

[Forwarded to list.  Please don't send me personal replies unless it's
confidential.  Why?  Because this way it's archived, and other people
might have things to add, or just be able to learn from it.]

Egan Ford wrote:
> I have dosemu installed with freedos, how do I tell dosemu to "mount" my
> hdimage as drive d:?

Add a line like this to dosemu.conf:

disk { heads XX sectors XX tracks XX image "/home/egan/newdisk.img"}

This should be located after the "disk" line for drive C.

It has been a while since I last did this, so I might have screwed up
the details.  Someone else might be able to fill in anything missing...

Once you have gotten this to work, obviously, you do "sys d:".