[syslinux] memdisk hard disk image mkdiskimage error

Egan Ford egan at sense.net
Mon Oct 28 14:51:46 PST 2002

./mkdiskimage /tmp/hdimage 96 16 16 gives the following error:

Syntax error at line 6 for drive Z: in file /tmp/mconfig.10266: if you
supply a geometry, you also must supply one of the 'mformat_only' or
'filter' flags.

I tried both to get rid of the error, however dosemu will not mount the
drive.  dosemu reports "header lacks magic string"

I tried the disk {} syntax, however dosemu does not see the drive.  I
can use mtools however.

Any ideas?

Thanks.