[syslinux] RedHat kickstart with PXELINUX [A small change for pxelinux]

H. J. Lu hjl at lucon.org
Wed Sep 25 20:57:02 PDT 2002

It looks like someone else also has the same problem:

http://www.zytor.com/pipermail/syslinux/2002-September/000848.html

I don't know much about Intel i386 asm. Otherwise, I will send a
patch :-).

H.J.
----- Forwarded message from "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon.org> -----
I am using pxelinux to do RedHat kickstart install. I ran into a
problem. Both pxelinux and kickstart use

	filename "xxx"

in /etc/dhcpd.conf for different purposes. Naturally, they won't work
together.  I was wondering if a small change to pxelinux could be made.
That is if the filename got from DHCP ends with a `/', pxelinux will
append "pxelinux.0" to it. That means if

	filename "/tftpboot/"

pxelinux will try "/tftpboot/pxelinux.0".

Thanks.

H.J.
----- End forwarded message -----