[syslinux] Preliminary 2.03-pre1 result...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Apr 7 16:39:24 PDT 2003

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Michael Blandford wrote:
>
>>>What does it say before then?
>>>

>>Why do I seem to always leave out the stuff you are interested in.
>>
>>Microsoft Windows Remote Installation Boot Floppy
>>(C) Copyright 2002 Argon Technolog
>>(C) Copyright 1999-2001 3Com Corportation
>>All rights reserved.
>>AMD PCnet Adapter
>>

> OK, I actually have a real AMD PCnet adapter at home; I'll see what it
> does on that machine.

OK never mind all that...

It turns out rbfg.exe has broken routing table handling.  This explains
why my test bench never had a problem -- I don't have a test bench setup
which includes crossing a router.

I will make a 2.03-pre3 soon which overrides the "routing table" and
simply sends through the default gateway if (server network != local
network).  This almost certainly means PXELINUX is blind to ICMP
REDIRECTs, but these days those are pretty rare anyway, and the worst
that would happen is that the default gateway gets to route extra packets...

Sigh.