[syslinux] Problems with Win32 syslinux

Alex Pavloff apavloff at esatechnology.com
Wed Dec 10 09:32:22 PST 2003

I don't reformat or repartition the CompactFlash, as I just use a loop
filesystems mounted readonly for the main system portion, and since I
only have one user, I mount the FAT executable.  Its definitely this one
lot of CompactFlash that I have that's broken, with the problem being
that its not properly negotiatating with the PC whether or not its an
IDE master or slave.  My system boots, expects to see the main drive at
hdc, and has a few problems when it shows up at hdd.

Out of my entire stock of 30 or so flashes, I have 5 that don't work,
all with the same mfg code on the side.  I'll send them back, or
relegate them to use in cameras or what not.

Sorry for raising the "ahhh!  SYSLINUX is broken!" flag too soon, but
conicidentally we first ran into this problem the day we put a new
SYSLINUX system into use.

Alex Pavloff - apavloff at esatechnology.com
ESA Technology ---- www.esatechnology.com
------- Linux-based industrial HMI ------