[syslinux] Netbooting / building

Christian Marg christian.marg at tu-clausthal.de
Thu Feb 13 12:47:53 PST 2003

Michael Blandford wrote:

> The hardest parts in my mind are: talking to the database,
> autodectecting the harddrives and ethernet controllers.  This is where
> I was hoping linux would help us versus trying to boot dos.  But maybe
> there is an easier way?

Well, we planned using PXElinux in this way to replace our (far too
buggy) commercial Solution. But we are still in the planning Stages. I
would be eager to work something out together with you...
Further discussion should be Off-List because I don't think reinstalling
computers is the topic of this list, even though we plan to use PXELinux...

bye
Christian