[syslinux] How to convert jpg into lss format

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Wed Jan 22 09:39:38 PST 2003

Hi,

BM Shukla <bms at cse.iitk.ac.in> schrieb am 21.01.03 05:40:48:
> I would like to to know about conversion from jpg file to lss format.
> I used ppmtolss16. It is giving following errors.
>
> for .jpg file:
> ppmtolss16: stdin is not a raw PPM file at ppmtolss16 line 105, <STDIN>
> line 1.

This can't work, convert it to PPM before

> for .png files:
> ppmtolss16: stdin is not a raw PPM file at ppmtolss16 line 105, <STDIN>
> line 1.
> from .ppm file: ( I converted .jpg file in to .ppm file using irfanview)
> ppmtolss16: stdin is not a raw PPM file at ppmtolss16 line 105, <STDIN>
> line 1.

Perhaps you should get the PBM tools to convert your image. PBM can be 'ascii'
or 'raw' encoded, and it seems you have it ascii encoded.

And just for the records: make sure you have exported LANG=C, if you are
using a recent version of Red Hat. See earlier postings for this.

Regards,

Josef