[syslinux] ppmtolss16 fix

Frank Bergmann meurer at wasenmeister.de
Wed Jul 30 17:20:50 PDT 2003

Hello,

I discovered problems with ppmtolss16 when creating ppm files with gimp or
xv. When examinig the created files with "vim -b splash.ppm" I detected
one or more comment lines after line "P6".
After stripping the comments out of splash.ppm I was able to convert the
file with ppmtolss16.
It's possible to have multiple comment lines because multiple savings with
different programs (gimp, xv etc) can cause multiple comment lines after
line "P6".
I don't know perl (of course I prefer python ;-) ) but I patched
ppmtolss16 to strip all comment lines.

Then I subscribed the list and discovered, that Stephane Rouberol did a
equal patch which still DOESN'T seem to be INCLUDED in ppmtolss16.
(ppmtolss16 of syslinux 2.0.5 does also fail and doesn't seem to have this
patch.)

See also http://129.26.180.1/~frank/dvd/

ciaou,
Frank

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Stephane Rouberol cum veritate scripsit :
[...]

--
Sending unsolicited commercial email to this address may be a violation
of the Washington State Consumer Protection Act, chapter 19.86 RCW.