[syslinux] Booting from CD.

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 8 17:51:04 PDT 2003

I know that some BIOSes can boot from CD, and some cannot.
I was wondering if it would be possible to create a single Boot floppy
that would cause the CD to boot just as if the BIOS had tried to boot it.
So, for example, I have a Bootable CD. I put it in a computer and it
boots fine.
I then take that same Bootable CD to another computer, but it fails to
boot because the BIOS does not support booting from CD. I would like to
have a single floppy disk that I could put in this computer to cause the
computer to boot from the CD.

So, in summary, a boot floppy that would add El Torito support to any BIOS.

Can any of the SYSLINUX etc. tools provide this.

Cheers
James