[syslinux] Intel 82557-based Integrated Ethernet PCI (10/100)

hijohnr at juno.com hijohnr at juno.com
Tue Mar 18 13:17:22 PST 2003

HI zytor,

I hope you can help me.  I have above network chipset on a Mitsubishi
im-2000 mobo.  I don't see an actual chip on the mobo w/ this ID so I
suspect it embedded in the mobo BIOS or in one of the 3  Intel chips. I
am attempting to use LTSP to boot a workstation w/ above NIC chipset.  It
has imbedded boot to net software (Intel Landesk service agt v.99b) using
PXE.   I can't get it working  on a diskless ws trying to boot to a Linux
server.  I have had success with other NIC's using the rom-o-matic
software using floppy and linksys bootrom media.  I have tried the
rom-o-matic eepro100.lzpxe module but the ws displays "no PXE server
found - switching to TFTP:".  That is, Etherboot never gets going on ws.
I printed your syslinux.zytor.com/hardware.php page where possible
problems w/ Intel .99 series is addressed.  I am attempting to do the
workaround suggested. I set the /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc to 1
but don't understand how to disable the blksize on the TFTP server.  I
have Suse 8.1 as a server. I have their doc but can't find much about
TFTP.  Please try to refer me if you can't help.  Thank you. jr