[syslinux] pxelinux kernel 2.4.20 nfs server is not asked

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Fri Mar 28 02:14:43 PST 2003

Hi,

Sascha Wüstemann <sascha at killerhippy.de> schrieb am 27.03.03 22:46:42:
> intel etherexpress pro 100 nics at my lan, server with tftp, nfsserver
> and pxelinux running for about half a year at my lan.
>
> When I use a kernel v.2.4.20 the pxe boot loads the pxefiles, kernel and
> then stops asking for files from the server and complains about a
> "Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up." and messages about to
> insert a disk...
> ... the same .config used with kernelsources 2.4.19 boots fine without
> problems (getting root fs over nfs).
>
> I have searched about the origin, weather it is the kernel 2.4.20 or the
> syslinux version I use, but couldn't solve it.

Do you use the kernel-based or the userspace nfs server? I've seen the knfsd
fail on a recent debian installation, but the userspace nfsd works without problem.

Did the client try the correct IP address (i.e.did you see any packets coming from
the client accessing the NFS server?). Did the client get an IP address, especially
the kernel?

BTW, this has not much to do with pxelinux ...

Regards,

Josef