[syslinux] problems with 2880 linux floppy image

Patty O'Reilly oreilly at qualcomm.com
Tue Nov 11 11:54:50 PST 2003

I had two pieces of hardware on which to test a linux floppy image and
the only way I was able to boot my image was to break it appart and
dump vmlinuz and initrd into the /tftpboot directory.

Finally, I got my hands on another computer and the image file booted
fine. My syslinux.cfg looks something like this:

label myimage
   kernel memdisk
   append initrd=myimage.img

My question is whether there is support for UNDI/PXE in linux. The
original machine I stuggled with had an Intel UNDI PXE-2.0 NIC. I
tried the keeppxe option on my append line but this didn't work. I've
tried serveral different versions of syslinux without success. Am I
wasting my time trying to load linux on these UNDI machines via
memdisk?

--patty