[syslinux] MEMDISK without floppy drive is fixed in 2.07

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat Oct 4 18:43:35 PDT 2003

Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
> I apologize for the long delay in testing this.  I can only reproduce
> the problem on fancy new laptops, and those do not stay in my hands
> for very long.
>
> As you may recall, certain floppyless laptops have a BIOS bug which
> prevented them from working with MEMDISK.  Around a month ago, Robert
> Wruck contributed workaround patches, and hpa included a modified
> version of them in 2.07-pre1.
>
> He asked for testing, and that was the last message on the thread that
> I saw.
>
> I have just now confirmed that a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop exhibits
> the problem with 2.06 but not with 2.07-pre5.  So the fix/workaround
> looks good.  Thank you, Robert and Peter!

OK everyone... please refresh my memory... is there anything else in
particular that we're waiting for in 2.07 (not counting the API read
bug, which I am aware of and will try to find time to tackle at some
point... unfortunately it looks like I have to spend most of my spare
time for the next several months hunting for a new place to live :( :( :(...