[syslinux] Odd problem with pxelinux

Jimmy Hedman jimmy.hedman at southpole.se
Wed Oct 15 06:31:21 PDT 2003

We encountar a somewhat odd problem. We use pxelinux to boot a linux
cluster and when we reboot all 103 of the nodes some of the won't start
since the tftp-servere looses the arp-entry _between_ it downloads the
pxelinux.0 and the config file! pxelinux doesn't seem to answer the
arp-requests either in this phase.

We run linux 2.4.22 on the tftp-server which also is dhcp-server and
nfs-server.

Is this som known issue with the linux kernel or pxelinux?

// Jimmy
--
Jimmy Hedman                       South Pole AB
Phone:  +46 8 51420420             Gelbjutarvägen 5