[syslinux] MTFTP support in PXElinux??

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Tue Sep 23 19:25:17 PDT 2003

Hiya,

Just joined the list and started using pxelinux. Very cool product!!! I searched
the, 8+ MB, archives looking for multicast entries. I know that the pxelinux
page says that the support of mtftp in pxelinux isn't in the works but I'm not
sure how old/relavant that comment is. I have noticied some comments from H.P.A.
describing the difficulties in doing MTFTP.
Are there any plans to support MTFTP? The reason I ask is that I would really
like to be able to serve tftp via multicast.
Does anyone know of any other network bootloaders that use multicast? Do many
people see this as a need?

TIA,
Harry

--
Harry Hoffman
hhoffman at ip-solutions.net

# Harry: version 4.0a                                            #
# Known bugs:                                                    #
# 1) Verbal output may occur before data processing is complete. #
# 2) Loudspeaker option may activate without being invoked.      #
# 3) Other bugs as reported                                      #