[syslinux] Comboot menu crashes when it goes off screen

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 2 10:19:45 PST 2004

Let me get this right....

You have menu's whose entries are not long (say < 30 chars) and lets say
each has about 10 entries. So if you choose the 9th entry in the main
menu, and the 9th entry in the submenu, then in the sub-submenu you dont
have enough vertical space to display the entire menu. Right?

There are two solutions to this. One on your side and one on mine. One
possibility is you can change the text mode, to allow for more rows on
the screen. I personally dont like this solution but may be a good
temporary workaround. The second solution, is for me to allow you to
decide where each submenu is positioned on the screen. This is a much
cleaner solution, and should be easy to implement. I should be able to
do it by next week.

- Murali