[syslinux] pxe linux

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Tue Apr 20 06:57:47 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 20 Apr 2004 5:46 pm, Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 03:52:13PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> > 	I tried adding root=/dev/ram0 as well as the keep pxe option.
> > Still i don't see any changes.
>
> Hmm, this works for me; I use "append initrd=rootfs.ext2.gz
> ramdisk_size=65536 root=/dev/ram0". The panic message suggests that the
> kernel doesn't get the information on what device to use as root
> filesystem. What does the kernel say in the line starting with "Kernel
> command line:"?

	I can't very well make out anything as it scrolls out very fast. Using the
Pause key, The only thing what i can see is loading Linux .....

I believe i don't see any command line:

> > ---->Apr 20 12:56:32 zeus in.tftpd[4486]: tftp: client does not accept
> > options does this mean that whatever options i have as append in the
> > default config, those parameters are not passed to the kernel ?
>
> No. This probably means that the TFTP client of your BIOS does not
> support TFTP options used by the server. I also receive such messages,
> and everything works fine.

	I hope that it is not a problem with my TFTP client on the BIOS, as otherwise
i would have to discard the Gigabit(3C940) on the motherboard.

Regards,
Manu