[syslinux] isolinux serial console keyboard issue

Floriola floriola2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 05:56:16 PST 2004

Hello list,

I am trying to use the console to setup my machine.

During boot I am able see the syslinux boot prompt on
the serial console *and* the monitor, but I can not
use the console keyboard. I can only use the keyboard
that is connected on the machine. After the kernel is
loaded, the console keyboard starts working, but, this
does not help me much, since I still need to use the
keyboard before the linux kernel is loaded. Does
anybody have any ideea what might be wrong?

Here is my isolinux.cfg file:

serial 0 9600
prompt 1
timeout 0
display debian.txt
f1 f1.txt
f2 f2.txt
f3 f3.txt
f4 f4.txt
f5 f5.txt
f6 f6.txt
f7 f7.txt
f8 f8.txt
f9 f9.txt
f10 f10.txt
default linux
label linux
  kernel linux.bin
  append root=/dev/ram rw initrd=root.bin
ramdisk_start=0 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1
ramdisk_size=16384 flavor=bf2.4 console=ttyS0,9600n8

I am using the syslinux package provided with Debian
Linux 3.0r2 (woody)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Floriola