[syslinux] Standard file extensions for zipped floppy images

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Jan 22 02:36:13 PST 2004

Hi,

I was wondering what's the best standard file extension for zipped DOS
disk images and ramdisks. I've been using the following standard:

	.zi			kernels, memtest86, memdisk
	.igz	.img.gz		zipped floppy images and ramdisks

I'd rather have a different extension for ramdisks, maybe

	.zim	zipped floppy images
	.zrd	zipped ramdisks

Any ideas ?

It would also be nice if syslinux would allow to look for kernels or
ramdisks in a subdirectory. My project already has 20 kernels and
ramdisks in the root-directory, and this will only increase in time.

Kind regards,