[syslinux] mkisofs /proc/kcore error

Blaauw,Bernd B. B.Blaauw at student.fontys.nl
Mon Jun 14 07:49:03 PDT 2004

You're executing MKISOFS from a way too high level.
maybe even from / (root).

MKISOFS generally needs to be invoked from the cdrom-root
(root of your ISO contents tree).

example:

mkisofs -o /test.iso -q -l -N -R -r -boot-info-table -iso-level 4 -no-emul-boot -b isolinux/isolinux.bin /test/my_iso

directory /test/my_iso contains all files you want on cdrom,
and since this mailing list is Sys/PXE/IsoLinux related, contains
test/my_iso/isolinux/isolinux.bin (and isolinux.cfg at same directory).

the final ISO file you create is /test.iso

for options I used, see MKISOFS manpage.

and so far for my (lack of) Linux knowledge..

Bernd

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:

http://www.fontys.nl/disclaimer

The above disclaimer applies to this e-mail message.