[syslinux] pxelinux.cfg/default config issues

Manuel Tuthill manuel at lidimus.com
Thu Mar 4 16:41:46 PST 2004

I've been having some real issues creating a working configuration file for
my PXE Linux 2.03 installation from which I intend to boot diskless
workstations. I've tried a huge number of differences for passing the init
argument but none seem to work.

Current config file should look something like this:

********
default std

label std
    kernel linuz
        append root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=1.1.1.1:/mnt/lfs init=/static/bin/bash
********

It appears to load the nfs share fine but then complains about not being
able to fine bash.
I changed the file to add a prompt so I could enter the line by hand.

entered "std root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=1.1.1.1:/mnt/lfs init=/static/bin/bash"
which boots to bash  fine.

Why when I try to just run the same commands from a config file is it
different from a manual entry. I guess that I'm just missing something
totally obvious but I just cant seem to work it out. Any help would be
gratefully received.

Many thanks

Manuel

---