[syslinux] isolinux error with reset

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 5 08:30:15 PST 2004

Once the kernel has started to load, it is no longer an issue with
ISOLINUX. However, I have had many variations of the same problem from
time to time. All the time, it is to do with the configuration of the
kernel. Some times it would reboot instantly as it was finishing
Uncompressing the initrd.gz.

Try recompiling the kernel, with a lower Processor Setting, say "Pentium
III/K6". That did the trick in my case.

- Murali