[syslinux] Re: syslinux] about pxe booting, no boot filename found

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Mar 15 20:02:18 PST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 luoj02 at tartarus.uwa.edu.au wrote:

> cannot get the bootfile("/tftpboot/pxelinux.0"), it always report no boot
> filename found. I also found the IP address, which server assign to client, is
> also refused by client, since the "discover" process keeps running.

> There are many possibilities, is there anyone with similar experience or got
> the answer? Thanks a lot!

tcpdump will show you; high logging, as with atftp may show
you; you may have a physical layer issue (slow spanning tree
negotiation, or some such);
	http://www.owlriver.com/tips/tcpdump-tech/
	http://www.owlriver.com/tips/tftp-xinetd/
address the techniques, and the second, may address your issue
such taht you can see where the conversation is falling apart.

-- Russ Herrold