[syslinux] about pxe booting, no boot filename found

luoj02 at tartarus.uwa.edu.au luoj02 at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 15 19:03:48 PST 2004

hello,
I have a problem about pxe booting.

I have two isolated machines, one(server) has got dhcp and tftp servers
working correctly ( I am pretty confident with this). The other machine
(client) using floopy to boot with pxe-request. The problem is, the client
cannot get the bootfile("/tftpboot/pxelinux.0"), it always report no boot
filename found. I also found the IP address, which server assign to client, is
also refused by client, since the "discover" process keeps running.

I guess it is possible because I dont have "pxe-boot server" working properly.

There are many possibilities, is there anyone with similar experience or got
the answer? Thanks a lot!

Chris