[syslinux] Re: SYSLINUX Digest, Vol 14, Issue 3

Paul G Rogers paul.rogers at juno.com
Mon May 3 18:56:11 PDT 2004

>From: Riccardo Zonca <riccardo.zonca at promo.it>
>Subject: [syslinux] Testing Syslinux on Mazza PT-5VMD
>
>Hi All,
>I was testing syslinux floppy on a Mazza MotherBoard, his chipset is VIA

>MVP3 (VT82C598MVP, VT82C586B), and Winbond W83877F/TF.
>After reading the floppy, I see 'boot failed', I have to ide disk in the

>system, only flash device.
>I used the -s option to build the floppy.
>Does Somebody know if the chipset is supported? I tested the floppy on
>toshiba laptop and it works very fine.

I'm deciding what to do about a similar problem, with a Compaq 2266 and
LEAF-Bering's 1680KB floppies.  But some testing showed me the problem
was in the Phoenix BIOS, not the drive or in kernel support for the
chipset.  Your problem could be the BIOS as well.

Paul Rogers  (paul.rogers at juno.com)
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/
http://www.angelfire.com/or/paulrogers/
(I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL
:-)